Wednesday 6 July 2011

mango house no coming, delhi coming!

On Friday I waved goodbye to everyone at CWT after having a lovely last week.  We had the usual end of the month birthday party on Thursday which we managed to hire the open plan roof terrace of someone's house for which was perfect, especially when it thundered it down outside which it has a habit of doing presently... it was the usual chaotic mix of music, dancing, cake and games with the addition of a broken arm :( One little lad who is usually the most boisterous boy you could ever meet broke his arm the day before and so spent most of the afternoon just wanting to sit on my knee and take pictures with my camera.  It was hard to see him in so much pain but we managed to get some ibuprofen to his sister the day after and give her instructions as to when he has to take it.  The pain didn't stop him lying to try and get more cake and ice cream and cheating at bingo the next day when he realised there was dairy milk involved, a boy after my own heart... as far as i'm concerned anyone that turns their '1' into a '7' is just showing initiative...

We also managed to take an updated photo of morning school on Friday to go in the school room.....

 
And that was it!  End of Children Walking Tall for me, it wasn't too sad leaving as the children are very used to volunteers coming and going and I've had an amazing time with them over the past 3 months.  And I managed to fit in a last 'penguin dance' before I left, just for you casey.......
 


 
So this week I'm just packing up my flat, sorting out what to take on my travels and what to post home in a big parcel and doing odd jobs (including applying for a job back in brum which feels quite surreal sat here in Goa...)  I head up to Delhi on Sunday to join my tour group which is exciting but a bit daunting, I've got so comfortable here, but I keep reminding myself that this seemed daunting before.  I will try and update my blog as much as possible while I'm travelling but it may just be short posts rather than the essays I've been writing recently you'll be pleased to hear!  That's all for now folks, over and out ......... xx
 
 



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to request you perform the penguin dance for me once you return!! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete