Monday 18 July 2011

Poorly in Pushkar :(

I have missed a day of the trip today as I have been poorly all last night and today, most gutted I missed out on a shopping day!  But am feeling a bit better now so hopefully by tomorrow i'll be fine and dandy again.  Since leaving Udaipur, we have been to Jojawar, which was brilliant as it's a tiny town and not toursity at all.  We went for a walk around the town and it was like we were celebrities- everyone came out of their houses to say hello, it was the friendliest place ever.  And the hotel we were staying in played the drums and scattered flower petals on us as we arrived- arriving at a hotel wiggling is the way forward.  We arrived in Pushkar yesterday, on the way we were driving down a really bumpy road which sme people were in the process of laying so we stopped the bus and helped them for a bit.  Carrying rockson your head is really hard!  The women who were laying the road told our tour leader that we were the first foreigners they had ever met and the first to get out of a tour bus and help!  On the itinerary today was a camel ride, I didn't go on it as it was a couple of hours but I did manage to have a quick 2 minute ride up and down on one, they are the funniest animals I have ever seen.  Tomorrow we leave for Jaipur, I will update again when I get chance x

1 comment:

  1. I really liked that you got out and helped... First good impressions! :)

    ReplyDelete