Friday 12 August 2011

In India I.....


Slept in a four poster bed
Saw the sun rise over the Himalayas
Drank opium water
Made chapatis in a Sikh temple
Travelled in a pink 'women only' metro carriage
Had a 'Shalwar kameez' made especially for me
Danced to Indian folk music in the middle of the Ranakpur mountains
Had a miniature camel painted onto my fingernail
Learnt how to make masala chai
Rubbed my poorly back on a healing shrine in a temple
Sat in a waterfall
Learnt (a tiny bit of...) Hindi, Ladakhi and Danish
Turned 30
Carried rocks on my head to help the locals build a road
Was cleansed of my sins through water from Pushkar Lake
Experienced altitude sickness for the first time
Rode a camel in the desert
Discovered Harry Potter
Was a puppeteer in a traditional Rajasthan puppet show
Have been on a 24 hour train journey
Have seen snakes, camels, monkeys and elephants (oh my)
Saw the Taj Mahal at a deserted 5.30am
Made a wish by tying string to the tomb at Fatephur Sikri (and will have to return to untie it if it comes true...)
Watched the sun rise over the Ganges River
Partied at the most exclusive nightclub in Delhi
Became a haggling pro
Acquired a new tooth
Sat on the floor with hundreds of other pilgrims to eat my meal at the Golden Temple
Came face to face with an Amritsar road BUT got to keep 3 x rays of me!
Flew into the world's highest airport
Was blessed by a Hindu priest
Was made to sprint down the beach in order to 'let go'....
Gave out supplies to children in Indian government schools
Spent a whole day sat in the sea
Went to a meditation class run by a Buddhist monk
.....and had an unforgettable 5 months.....

Despite suggestions, I won't be carrying on writing now I'm home, somehow I don't think my day to day life at home will be as interesting (Tesco v Taj Mahal?!).  Thanks for keeping up with my adventures, that's all folks! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment